Scope of project
Work for this client’s project included refurbishing plant-wide tanks, moving an 80,000 gallon tank while replacing an entire 50,000 gallon tank. The Plant Wide Tank Farm (PWTF) involved 20 new storage tanks, including associated pumps, agitators, instrumentation, utilities, structural, piping, site work and foundations.
Services provided by Middough
Middough performed FEL 1, 2, and 3 engineering for this project and Detailed Value Engineering and Design, as well as 3D Modeling, Project Management, and Construction Management Services.
Results delivered to client
Middough delivered the client cost saving strategies that included:
- Value Engineering: eliminated equipment without losing bulk storage benefits originally identified, bent pipe vs. welded, steam vs. electric heat tracing on long piping runs, minimized piping through use of hygienic pigging system
- Purchasing: pre-purchased materials to avoid future escalation
- Bidding: each phase competitively bid as incentive to keep prices competitive
- 3D Modeling: utilized for existing facility systems integration, client reviews with operations personnel, and file extractions for piping isometrics
- Contractor Coordination/ Integrated Schedule conducted at the awarding of each phase
- Safety: 800+ days onsite with zero recordable injuries or first aid injuries
- Budget: >3% underestimate
- Schedule: on time delivery